Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baptism By Fire

A while back I was at a crossroads--my job wasn't satisfying and I felt the tug of needing to spend more quality time with my family. That's all out the window for now--I have moved into a different job at my company. I am now the Diesel Momma!


As people at work learn that I am now in charge of this complex, critical job--they laugh. And I smile because I don't know any better. OK, yes I do--I knew what I was getting myself into. And so far, I love it!


It's great to go to work and have a clear, tangible end goal to work towards with my team. It's great to feel like I'm actually making some progress--even with the many problems standing in the way. Granted, I have resorted to begging and bribery to get some things done--but who hasn't? And of course, I fell overwhelmed by the many systems--electrical and mechanical--and the various states of completion each component is in.


I could've been given something "easier" to handle, but I instead got thrown into the fire. So far, I'm withstanding it fairly well and even having some fun!



No comments: