Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ponderings of Bryan

I am being held hostage at home by those germs the kids keep bringing in. We've survived the flu, stomach bug, etc.--and I guess it's finally my turn to get some of that nastiness. While I sit here an feel sorry for myself, I figured I could at least post something so you guys know I'm still alive. Here's a little conversation Bryan started on the way home from work the other day:

B: If we were in a plane crash stranded at the top of a snowy mountain and were dying of starvation, would you eat me if I was dead?

J: What?!

B: I mean, would you rather eat me or a stranger?

J: What brought this up?!

B: Think of the health reasons. I'd rather eat someone I know because I'd have the knowledge of how that person ate and took care of herself. Of course, it would be traumatic.

J: There's no way I could eat a person--whether I knew them or not.

B: Really? I think I would be a prime choice of meat. Think of my belly and my thighs--they'd be perfectly marbled with fat. I bet on planet Marklar I would be a very expensive cut of meat.

J: Well, no one would want to eat me. I'm thin and gangly--I'd be gamey and chewy.

B: If I had to eat someone, it would be you--just because of the health reasons. I wouldn't want to eat a drug addict or a bum--yuck! Maybe you should pose this question on your blog--would you rather eat someone you know, or a total stranger?

J: I don't have enough people reading my blog to get a good population of answers.

So...Bryan poses the question to my 5 readers. What do you think?

No comments: