Saturday, August 22, 2009

Crappy End to a Shitty Week

We are still emotional about losing Loki, and I know there are people out there who don't understand or are incapable of feeling this kind of pain for an animal. And yes, we know there are bigger and worse things that bring more pain to families than this. My high school friend, Allison from Slice of Heaven, is going through one of those terrible moments right now--news that no one wants to hear--bringing a crappy end to a shitty week. Allison, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Another crappy thing that happened this week is that Jaci from Ravings of a Mad Housewife decided to kill Blog Fart Friday. She has good reason behind it, but those of us who don't have the time or creativity to write regular blog posts will miss throwing these things together and laughing at each other's blog farts. I know, I could go on and do it without linking up with her--but it's not the same.

We also found out that our daycare will be using their van to take our kids to school this year instead of using the school bus stop. Not so much of a big deal except that Tyler was really looking forward to riding the bus to kindergarten like all the other big kids. We haven't broke the news to him yet--we just might make the daycare tell him (hey--it's their idea.) On the upside, Brandon won't have the opportunity to get in trouble on the bus this year.

And to top it off, I had to take Tyler to the urgent care clinic late last night (after Bryan & I had been drinking at the bar--NO I didn't drive drunk.) He had a fever and complained that his chest hurt--with his chest, we didn't want to wait until Monday to see his pediatrician in case it was bronchitis or pneumonia. Of course, when we get to the clinic, I find out that his chest doesn't really hurt that bad. But the fever was real and it turns out he had the beninnings of an ear infection--so it wasn't for nothing. I'm just friggin' tired of having sick kids every Friday...it's been almost every Friday for the last 3 weeks!

UGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaci is my blog that's gone AWOL!
I wanted to email you a response to yoru comment but can't find yoru email addy. mine is

momtomartians AT gmail DOT com