Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Yeah, sorry--haven't posted much lately. I have good intentions, but I get sidetracked by reading everyone else's stuff and by the time I'm done, it's time to go to bed. Can't help it. Love my blogroll.

Sooo, there actually has been quite a lot going on around the Wrenn nest. (like that?--my attempt at keeping within some sort of family theme here.) (Oh, and because I feel so strung out on caffeine and lack of sleep due to the whirlwind of two boys in soccer, working long days, husband on shiftwork, parents in town from Texas, Labor Day weekend shenanigans, potty-training, and elementary school starting again, this post might be a little random. Try to keep up.)

My parents flew in from Texas for Labor Day weekend. With them came about 15 pounds of fresh Gulf shrimp. They were magnificent and fabulous. And more than we could eat ourselves, so we had a few people over to help eat and drink all our beer. Here are said shrimp after we already dug in:



Here is Brian (yes, Brian with an "I" as opposed to Bryan with a "Y") eating at the kids' table:


Here's some of the piggies eating shrimp--some are neighbors, some are friends, and some are family:

We'd like to thank my parents for the shrimp & baby-sitting, and Bryan's parents & grandma for the tables, chairs, and fixins (deviled eggs, bread, homemade oriental cole-slaw salad that everyone loved, and macaroni salad). And thanks to the neighbors for drinking all the beer. We normally reserve that special honor for my sister, who will drink every beer in our fridge in one night by herself. But that has nothing to do with this post and we don't hold a grudge. Really.

I forgot to mention that the first night my parents were here, the men decided to cook on the grill (after drinking a lot of beer.) And my Mom let the kids help with the cooking. Disaster?

(turn the music off at the bottom of the blog for these videos)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Kids are Cookin'!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Call the Fire Dept.!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


The meat was slightly well-done and the corn had a little too much salt & pepper. Other than that, it was pretty darned good!

Tyler started Kindergarten on Tuesday (and Brandon started second grade.)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Kindergarten
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


My parents had a late flight out, so my Mom actually got come with us as we followed Tyler & Brandon to school in the daycare van (no school bus this year.) Tyler was very excited, a little scared and a little anxious (so was his Daddy):


So we had a busy, but good and fun Labor Day weekend!

No comments: