Saturday, September 26, 2009

A New Rollercoaster Freak is Born

Last weekend I took the kids to Nana & Pops' for the weekend. Bryan had to work and I had an important date with my favorite rollercoaster--Kings Dominion's Volcano. Every year the company Bryan & I work for "rents out" Kings Dominion, and we get very cheap tickets for the day (pretty much an unlimited supply). So we do what everyone else does, and drag Nana & Pops along to help watch the younger kids.




The older the kids get, the more fun these theme parks become. Here's Nick and Brandon taking a nice little drive in a green Corvette (sorry for the grainy-quality.) One drives like his Mom, and one drives like his Dad. You guess which one is which (turn off the music at the bottom of the blog first):

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Caution: Male Drivers!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I was having way too much fun to keep snapping pictures and taking video. Brandon is finally tall enough to go on most of the large roller-coasters and thrill rides, so he & I jetted off to get our fill of fun. I have always been a roller-coaster junkie, and I am so very happy that Brandon is just as crazy as I am. He even begged to go on one of the very few rides that I don't really like to ride, just because it scares the hell out of me due to the sheer height. Of course, we did it--because I couldn't be shown up by my 7-year-old boy.
The weather was perfect, the kids had a blast, and we all left with a smile that afternoon.
I would like to sincerely thank Nana & Pops (and Brad!) for coming with us and helping to keep an eye on the boys! I would never brave a theme park like that on my own with those three monsters!

No comments: