Friday, April 17, 2009

Blog Fart Friday

I am new to the whole "theme" blog, or whatever the heck you call these things, and have in general steered away from them because I'm just not that creative, nor do I have much time to think & write for anything outside of school right now. HOWEVER, I just could not resist the title of this one! (probably due to all the boys running around the house farting and giggling about it all the time).

Blog Farts – noun. Def: Crappy ideas that are too short to make a real blog post, but when combined, join forces to make one unified, albeit half assed, post. Hosted by Jaci.


  • While watching "Paranormal State" last night, I suddenly wondered if ghosts & spirits use Daylight Savings Time, since dead time is always 3 AM. While thinking about it, my husband piped up about people never seeing ghosts of cavemen--it's always people from the 1800's...
  • Speaking of the supernatural, there are penguin zombies painted on the side of a costume shop that I passed the other day. Yes, zombie penguins--they were obviously hand-painted by an amateur and they are creeeepy.
  • Caught Brandon shedding a few tears watching Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame--tears of sadness when Quasi thought Esmerelda had died. I thought it was super sweet, coming from my first grader who likes to use scissors on his friends' shirts, sit on his brothers and fart, etc.
  • I have this weird quirk about comparing people's facial structures and finding similarities. Recently, I saw a guy at work who looked like Alex Lifeson from the rock band Rush, and another guy who looked like Sting. I wonder who else out there has this awesome power?
  • For several months just after that alien invasion movie "Signs" came out in theaters, I didn't know that Joaquin Phoenix was pronounced "Wha-keen". I always called him "Joe-quin" and had no idea who this "Wha-keen" character was. Yes, I am blonde.

If you wanna read more Blog Farts, check out this blog (great for laughs!):



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there aren't any cavemen ghosts being sighted, huh?

But I'm sure all the mediums would just say that's because all their issues were resolved and someone told them to "go into the light" long ago. Apparently, it takes a good 200-300 years to find the light. :)

I always wondered why ghosts hung out at the nastiest, creepiest house where lots of bad stuff happened. Cause if I was ghost, I'd totally head to Paris or the beach or something. But that's just me. :)

Shannon said...

LOL! I've never thought of that before... you don't see ghosts of cavemen!