Friday, April 24, 2009

This Week's BFF

  • My husband saw Twilight and liked it. He chose to rent it himself, with no prodding from me, and he chose to watch it when I had to do schoolwork all night. He just saw a commercial or something about the next Twlilight movie, and is stoked. And he freely admits this. I have not seen the movie yet, nor do I see what the big deal is about the skinny dork at the center of many girls' universes right now. That's right, I'll say it again--EDWARD CULLEN IS A DORK. Someone pleeeeeese explain the hysteria.

  • I really enjoyed last weekend's great weather--not too hot, not too humid. The kids played outside almost all day, I got a lot of yardwork done (picked up dog poop), and was finally able to stop, sigh and enjoy myself ...when it was spoiled. My little bubble of bliss was busted by the first mosquito signting of the season. Why the heck did God create mosquitos? They serve no purpose except to spoil my perfect weekend...

  • Folding laundry is perhaps the only peaceful time I have to myself around this house. So I try to make the most of it. My husband thinks it's funny that I turn on "angry clothes-folding music" (alternative rock) and drink "beer" (Mike's Hard Lemonade) while I fold clothes. Hey, normal people get to hang out and listen to music while relaxing on the back deck with a beer in their hands--while Mommy gets to pull fighting kids apart, chase dogs away from said screaming kids, and pick up yet more dog poop (and resist flinging at husband).

  • The pollen has been thick these last two weeks--everything around here is dripping in the green-yellow stuff. It's washing up on the shoreline, sticking to all the cars...it's on all the doorknobs outside, and the air is hazy with it. Everyone's running around sneezing and hacking it out of their lungs. And my husband pointed out that pollen is really tree sperm. Nice.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Ewwwww....tree sperm?! Gah. I'm gonna go shower.

Tell your hubs thanks for me too.

Glad to see ya hanging out over at my place. ;o)

Ariel said...

"EDWARD CULLEN IS A DORK"

Oh my Jesus - THANK YOU! Yes, yes he is.

Brindi said...

Oh, see, I'm on the Edward of the book fan club. The movie version of Edward did not fit the image I saw in my head. You should try and read the book - it is romantic. The movie was good, but the book was so much better.

I agree that laundry is relaxing. Never tried it with "beer" (That's my kind, too.) Might have to try that next time.

H.K. said...

I love that your husband watched Twilight on his own, that's impressive!

I'm actually a big fan of Edward Cullen, but when I read your comment I was laughing because I realize you were right! He really is a skinny dork!