Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Man Can COOK!

There is nothing sexier than a man who can cook. And my man can COOK! Our Christmas Eve dinner was one of the best dinners I've ever had--at home or at a restaurant! I was a little wary of the lobster tails he got "at a great price"--there's got to be a reason why they were so "on sale". He had a backup plan, though. Bone-in prime rib. Again, I underestimated him when he said he didn't have to start cooking it in the oven until early afternoon. I was under the impression that prime rib took all day at a very low temperature. Then again, I am a merely a master of macaroni & cheese and Spaghetti-Os.


So we feasted on the best prime rib, the best lobster tails, the best green beans I've ever made from scratch (yes, they were fresh green beans), and some of Bryan's signature seasoned potatoes. Do I have a picture?--no. Why?--because it smelled SO GOOD that I wasn't about to waste a few seconds grabbing the camera and snapping a few pics. Bryan got a few of the lobster tails before he cooked them--but it just doesn't do the meal justice. I've even DREAMED about how good it was, and I can't wait for him to make it all again! BRING BACK CHRISTMAS--I WANNA DO IT AGAIN!

No comments: