Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Carol



Growing up in a small town and going to a Catholic elementary school, I grew accustomed to the big annual school Christmas play. I'm not sure if public schools also had these Christmas plays back then (listen to me--as if I'm old. Remember, I'm only 29!) Now that we've got two boys in public elementary school, I feel the heartache of not going to see them in a Christmas play. (Go ahead and read between the lines--we are not church-goers.) However, this year the second grade class had a book fair at Barnes & Noble, complete with caroling! Brandon has been singing Christmas songs around the house for a while now, and he did a great job tonight in front of a packed store--we are so proud of him! Notice the lack of pictures...yeah. We are probably the only parents who forgot to bring a camera or camcorder.

No comments: