Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Tyler-Monkey

Hey, remember a while back when I freaked out because I had to sew? I was proud of myself because I had so much advanced notice that I could afford to re-do it a couple of times if I screwed it up. But what did I do? Waited until the night before...but it turned out OK, don't you think? (The safety pin holding the hood together is not in these pictures) (home-made costume ideas here.)



The sad part is that many parents didn't go out of their way much for their kids' costumes. Yes, I waited until the very last minute, but I would have stayed up ALL NIGHT to do a good job. This play was the pinnacle of these kids' end-of-year activities--don't you think you'd work a little at their costumes, after all the hard work they put into memorizing their lines? I'm not going to post those pictures--no need for any more public humiliation for the kids. It just breaks my heart to know these kids worked so hard for something, but their parents obviously blew it off.

No comments: