Sunday, February 15, 2009

How 'Bout a McLove Burger?

I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day! Bryan and I didn't really make any plans because we were going to his parents house for lunch, and didn't decide until the last minute to spend the night or not. Meaning we didn't know until the last minute which city we'd be in to make dinner reservations. And, of course, at the last minute we called everywhere and either the restaurant was booked solid or they didn't take reservations. In otherwords, we were going to end up eating McLove burgers...

So we decided just to take it easy and drove around some of the historic districts for a while, took a few strolls here and there and ended up lucking out a what looked to be a nice restaurant in an upscale shopping village. Someone canceled their dinner reservations in the "private dining room" right as we walked in--so we were immediately seated! Unfortunately, the service wasn't up to par with the restaurant's appearance or pricing of the menu. The food was good, except that a side dish was cold and they never brought us a new one, as promised. Then some of my main coarse wasn't cooked--I did not order sushi. By the time I discovered it, I was almost full from eating the rest of it--so I was lucky to have eaten the good, cooked portion first. Anyhow, they got a less-than-desireable tip for their lack of efforts in serving us and cooking our food, but we still had a good time out without the kids.

I forgot to mention lunch--Bryan's parents served up a delicious meal, as always. We had roast eye of round, seasoned with pepper and rosemary. I loved the taste. Accompanying our meal I also drank several sangrias--this time, made with white wine and lemon (Bryan's father made it with red wine for our previous get-together). For breakfast this morning, we had a french toast "casserole" that was to die for--when I get the recipe, I'll publish it. I am not a big fan of french toast, but this had a cream cheese filling and was absolutely delectable! So thank you, Nana and Pops, for treating us for both lunch and breakfast, and taking care of our little monsters while we had our evening out!

No comments: