Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Pops!

Yes, I am posting as much as I can right now. It's because I will become non-existant after January 19, when my final semester begins for grad school.

Anyhow, we celebrated Pops' birthday yesterday (Bryan's father), so I have changed out the slide show pictures above. Bryan's parents served the family lunch in courses, starting with homemade minestrone soup. Everyone knows I am a super-picky eater, and I may have never had minestrone soup before in my life. So I tried something new and it was very good! Next course was a spring salad with a creamy raspberry-vinagerette dressing, also delicious. Then came the baked spaghetti with Italian sausage, always good. Somewhere in there I snuck in four glasses of sangria. I have never really liked sangria, but this was really good--I need the recipe. Bryan's dad always makes excellent mixed drinks... For dessert we had chocolate cake with sundaes. The kids got to grab whatever toppings they wanted, complete with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

We decided to put some effort into dressing the boys up, since they received matching clothes from Nana & Pops and their cousins always outdress us for these occasions.They actually managed to get no spaghetti on themselves, though you can see some red mustaches from their raspberry drinks in the slide pictures. We had a good time and the kids behaved. Bryan even managed to get in a trip to his guitar stores before we headed home.

Anyhow, many thanks to Pops for serving us on his own birthday!

No comments: