Saturday, January 3, 2009

What's the Rush?

In speaking and reading up on everyone's goings on these last few days, it seems that everyone is taking down their Christmas decorations. I say, "What's the rush?" We are heading, in my opinion, into the most depressing time of the year. The winter stretch between New Year's and Spring Break is dreary. Maybe it's because we live in a place where cold rain, rather than either warm sun or dry snow, keeps us indoors much of the time. And since we're indoors, why not keep those decorations up a while longer--enjoy some light and some sparkle? At least keep the stuff up through the end of the bowl games (Super Bowl included).

On another note, I made waffles for the very first time today. Yes, the kids have enjoyed many a homemade waffle--but it's always been the sets of gradparents in charge of making them. Since Bryan & I received a waffle maker from his parents this year, I figured it was my turn to take over the duties. And you know what--it wasn't nearly as messy or complicated as I thought! Some of you might be shaking your heads at me now, but I am not a domestic goddess. I can't keep the house clean, we eat Mac & Cheese and Hamburger Helper for supper, and we all wear wrinkled clothes. So, conquering the waffle-maker is a big deal for me. And they go great with Starbucks coffee.

No comments: