Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I actually managed to stay up until midnight last night! And Bryan christened our new ceiling with the champagne bottle cork...

Anyhow, I ususally refrain from making new year's resolutions, but maybe that's why my life seems so out of control these last few years? So, here's what I think I'll work on this year:


  • Maintain regular blog entries (to help remind me and everyone else of how wonderful life is)

  • Make weekly meal plans and stick to them on the grocery list (saves money, forces better eating habits)

  • Pare down on Starbucks (so I can actually sleep)

  • Institute game night with the kids, and date night with hubby (family bonding)

  • Take more pictures of the family (they're growing up too fast!)

Notice that none of these has anything to do with work or my job. I will finish my master's program in May, but I have come to accept that I cannot conquer both the corporate world and be Super Mom at the same time. I think it's time for me to let go of trying so hard to climb the ladder at work and start focusing on what really matters--family and friends. And with that, I hope everyone had a good 2008 and wish for the best in 2009!

No comments: