Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes

In my attempt to be more domesticated, I made these yummy pancakes from scratch this morning:

3 Tbs melted butter
4 Tbs brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (I actually used more than this)

Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, except pecans; mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine the two mixtures together until just blended, then add the pecans. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into a medium-hot skillet, and cook about 2 minutes on each side (enough to be golden brown). I kept the pancakes warm in a 200-degree oven until everyone was ready to eat. Serve them with butter & syrup--top with more pecans. I'm getting hungry just thinking about this...might try a waffle version later. Enjoy!

No comments: