Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Precious Moments

We all have little bonding moments with our kids, but in our hectic lives how often do we really reflect on them? Bryan called me on his way home from work today for our usual how-was-your-day chat, and he went out of his way to tell me about a father-son moment he had with Tyler last night. Tyler has an infectious smile and laugh—he is a major flirt and clown. Anyhow, he and Bryan have a night-time ritual of reading a book snuggled in our bed, while Brandon practices his reading with me in another room. Apparently last night the book slipped out of Bryan’s hand and smacked him in the nose. They both started laughing, and that just got the ball of laughter rolling. It was sweet because they were genuinely laughing together hysterically at something funny--nothing staged, nothing fake, just pure enjoyment of the situation at hand. Bryan and Tyler already share a special bond, just like Brandon and I do (Nick is the evil conqueror of the world, kind of like Stewie from Family Guy). I don’t recall many stories like this even though I know we've had many of them, so I thought it was worth noting here.

No comments: