Saturday, March 21, 2009

Milestones

Why yes, I'm posting several updates today. I've been so out of whack between school, work & business trips, and trying to maintain a normal family life that I haven't updated everyone on Nick's latest milestones. I mentioned a while back that he has been potty training at daycare, and we haven't done a great job reinforcing it at home. Well, last week Nick stopped in his "pooping place" to drop his load and I caught him. Threw him on the pot and he went! Hooray! I have found while potty training our other two boys that getting them to poop on the potty was way harder than getting them to pee in it.

But that's not all... He has outgrown his forward-facing "baby" car seat and moved on to the much easier booster seat--much easier to buckle, and much easier to move around for playing musical cars! No more wrestling with latches and buckles. This brings much relief to the whole Wrenn family, as we shuffle car seats between our vehicles and Nana & Pops' vehicles when they take care of the kids.


Like all parents, I am so ready for my kids to grow up and at the same time, can't believe they're growing up so fast! So I did shed a tear when I pulled the toddler seats out of the vehicles, even though this makes our lives a whole lot easier.

No comments: