Saturday, March 21, 2009

Puttin' On the Ritz!

I had another last-minute business trip this week--this time to DC. And somehow we got really, really good rates at the super elegant, super posh Ritz Carlton Hotel on Pentagon Row. Now I have lead a somewhat priviledged life compared to many people out there, so I have stayed at some upscale resorts and hotels--but let me tell you, this one was way out of my league. There were chandeliers in the elevators, for crying out loud! I stepped on an elevator with a 4-star Air Force guy...uh, since I work with the Navy, I know 4-star is as high as you get in the military. I didn't even know how to act. The funny thing is that as I was walking down the hall to my room, I was reminded of that scene in Ghostbusters at that high-class hotel where Dan Aykroyd blasts the maid with his proton gun. Don't ask me why--it was just way too quiet, and way too nice in there!

Anyhow, I could definitely get used to living the executive life by staying overnight in places like that.

No comments: