Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lady Gaga vs. Dream Theater

Bryan & I are huge music listeners. When we first met, I was amazed that we had the same taste in music across the board. As in, anything from opera music and symphonic soundtracks to classic rock, 80's music, pop country, heavy metal, some Latina and select boy bands (I can't believe I just admitted that to the entire internet). A very wide range of music! We rarely disagree on it--until recently.

I have a history of not liking a song at first, and then listening to it enough that it grows on me. Bryan is the opposite--he knows immediately if he likes it or not, and never changes his mind. Lady Gaga is where he draws the line. Dream Theather is where I draw mine. Compare the two:



Yeah, she is definitely wierd--but I don't judge music by what the "artist" looks like. I agree that Dream Theater definitely has talent--I just don't like having to listen to a bunch of crap I don't like to get to one peice of the song that kicks butt. Their songs are, like, 15 minutes long!

So I guess our marriage is good if we are only arguing about Lady Gaga and Dream Theater. And I'll secretly let him watch Dream Theater videos on our giant TV because I think the lead singer is hot (even though he always looks pissed off). At the same time, I've taught our boys several of Lady Gaga's "most annoying" lyrics so they go around the house singing...hahahaha!

1 comment:

Lionfury said...

The thing is, the whole DT song is awesome. Now just part of it. And lady gaga has no talent. Period.