Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Face of a Criminal

OK, this has been sitting in draft status for a while--I forgot about it. SO, it's not really relevant now that the leaves are changing and it's getting down into the 30's at night, but I'm posting it anyway just because I love this woman and she cracks me up sometimes. And I had to sort of make fun of her for what she did this summer.


Does this look like the face of a criminal? This woman is a grandmother, a former elementary school teacher, and the mother of my husband.

Every other evening, she stashes pails in her secret hiding spot. She puts on her darkest clothes, and under cover of the night, fills those pails with water and...breaks the law.

Does she jump out and assault passers-by? Does she vandalize her neighbors' houses? No. She waters her plants hoping that nobody sees her and turns her in. CRIMINAL! (Their county is on water restrictions)

(Sorry, Mother-In-Law. I just couldn't help myself!)

No comments: