Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rising From the Ashes

At work, I am amazed how everything falls apart at once...and then in the eleventh hour comes back together again after much stress and flailing around. I have had some big, high-visibility jobs do this exact thing this past week. I worked very hard to coordinate everything and everyone involved, and then watched with a sinking heart as it all fell apart. It is such a terrible feeling to have everyone watch as my ship goes down. Somehow in the end, all the obstacles were overcome--everything fell back on track and the jobs were finished.

My boss credited me with perservering and getting the work done. I cannot take credit alone--I had a lot of help, particularly when I felt I had been beaten. I may complain about work and people at work from time to time, but I really am grateful to have all the people working around me--and really thankful for their help. I feel like a phoenix pulled from the ashes.



No comments: