Sunday, November 14, 2010

The End of an Era is Coming


It has been over a year since Loki went to doggie heaven. When it finally happened, Maggie immediately aged 10 years. I guess because Loki looked so old and frail, we never noticed how she was getting old, too. She was always secondary to him for me, just because Loki really was my "baby"--although I spoiled her rotten and treated her like a human, too. Now that he is gone, I have latched onto her--loving on her every chance I get and spoiling her absolutely rotten as much as I can. Because when she goes, it will be the end of an era for me. I am not ready for it.

We have watched her over the last year start to struggle in her hind legs, but she has never whined about it. Her eyesight isn't what it used to be, and today her left eye muscle went out of whack--her eye is now half-rolled back. The end of her time is getting much closer, and I'm having a hard time with it--especially today.
The picture above was taken almost 9 years ago--she is now 13 years old. The same age as Loki when he passed on last year.

No comments: