Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduation Re-Cap #3--Mid-Week

Re-Cap #2 ended with "I felt like royalty." So what did Ms. Hoffman and I do for the next evening? We wandered the streets until we found this restaurant--Georgia Brown's. Ms. Hoffman loves to ask her waiters to recommend the best dishes, so when she heard that Beyonce herself ordered the 'Louisiana "Devil" Shrimp', she just HAD TO HAVE IT!! Yes, Ms. Hoffman has a thing for all things Beyonce. Turns out this little joint was quite a hot spot for the stars who turned out for Obama's inauguration--our waitress rattled off a list of names and who-ordered-whats. The prices were reasonable for DC, and the food was excellent--so I see why they flocked there.

Meanwhile, life carried on at the Wrenn house. Brandon took a school field trip to the Living Museum, where the highlight of the day was a bird of prey pooping all over the floor during a demonstration. I snicker just typing that sentence. My sister drank all my beer, Tyler carried on with preschool and practicing his own graduation ceremony and Nick, well...Nick was Nick. Refuses to acknowledge that he needs to potty, so the boy will never be potty-trained. But Granny knew better--she made it a game and he couldn't resist. So she had him going every time, but it is such a chore to play this game every 30 minutes just to catch him in the act. Soooo, now that Granny is gone, he is back to where he was. Because we are lazy parents.

Return to DC, Wednesday(?) night. A bunch of us got together and ate at Fogo de Chao. O.M.G. I'm glad Bryan wasn't there because he probably would never have left. That place is Man-Heaven. Waiters running around with big sticks of various meats, carving it on the spot onto your plate until you say stop. All you can eat. And it was sooooo goooooood... (as I salivate all over my keyboard.) I'm fairly certain that we all ate our body weight that night.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love me a good restaurant.