Sunday, May 16, 2010

Creepy Crawlers

The dollar store is a magical place for little kids (and their moms!) Look at what they scored this time with their bribe for behaving at Wal-Mart.


These things have entertained them for hours on end outside--and I now have less bugs and spiders to worry about! The only problem is that they wanted to bring their new nasty "friends" inside to sleep with them at night--!!



About those spiders...we DO have black widows around the house and the kids know to stay far away from those. I still couldn't help but be a little wigged out when they caught some other spiders to add to their collection--what if one of those creepy things managed to bite them?? I'd have to catch the damn thing just in case the bite caused a sever reaction! I HATE SPIDERS!!!

But it wasn't a spider that got the first bite--it was an ordinary black ground beetle. Got Tyler right on the finger. I didn't even know those things had teeth (or pincers, or whatever they are called on beetles)--I picked one up with the tweezers and found out right there that they do, in fact, have very rigid, sharp little jaws!

No comments: